Two weeks ago we were headed to my brother's wedding. Along the way, I had to apologize to hubby for something. I don't remember what for, and it doesn't matter. Anyways, I apologized, and he forgave me. I sat quietly for a few minutes and thought about God's grace and mercy and how I really do need them every day. The Holy Spirit then reminded me that's why His grace and mercy are new every morning. In my self righteousness, I thought that I didn't need His grace and mercy everyday. That I needed it most days. A few days a week, but not every day. In my self righteousness I thought that if you needed it everyday then you were definitely struggling with sin of some sort. I tried to tell myself that I didn't need it everyday, that I could handle life on my own most of the time or at least some of the time. I see now that I was wrong.
Holy Spirit then reminded me that this is why His grace and mercies are new every morning. Because He knows that when we are honest with ourselves and with Him, we do in fact need it every day. It was a beautiful moment of conviction and correction.

No comments:
Post a Comment