Saturday, 26 September 2026

There is Beauty in Every Season.

    As summer comes to a close and cool fall weather approaches, I’m excited for cozy outfits. Fashion scarves, tights, high-heeled boots and sweaters. I love summer and sundresses, but fall is so pretty and cozy. Comparing the two seasons' clothing choices made me think about the beauty of each one.

    Springtime is for renewal and the beginning of life. The flowers are blooming, and the weather starts warming. You get to watch the snow melt and jump in mud puddles. Nature comes alive, and all the animals who were hibernating come out to enjoy the warm weather. It's also a great time to buy your dog a rain/shush suit. Seriously. Full coverage, minus her crotch, tail and feet. She also has shoes. No more wet dog for this dog mama. Plus, she looks so cute.
    
    Then comes summer. Sundresses, warm weather for paddle boarding, swimming, biking, hiking, camping (not my cup of tea personally, but still), campfires. Basically all the outdoor activities that require warm weather. We can relax on the beach and work on our sun tans. You can enjoy picnics and food trucks. Driving with the windows down and the wind in your hair. Personally, I don't want the wind in my hair, but some do.

    Then we get to enjoy the leaves changing colour. The crisp, chilled air. Going for a walk with a hot chocolate. Yes, you can enjoy those in all seasons, but there is something special about enjoying them in the fall. Cozy outfits. I know I already said that, but I'm very excited for them. With fall, snuggling is also easier because no one is overheating. Plus, since hubby lost all the weight, he now wears hoodies and sweaters more often because he gets cold. The first winter after his weight loss, he looked at me and said, 'Now I understand why you always have a sweater with you.' I live in sweaters. You will seldom see me without a sweater or some sort of extra layer. I may not be wearing it in that particular moment, but I have it with me. Anyway, with him wearing sweaters more often, I can now enjoy 'hoodie hugs' more often. There is nothing cozier than receiving a bear hug while you are both wearing sweaters. He also wears long-sleeve shirts in the fall and winter, and I think they look really good on him. The cooler weather is also convenient because it means that my head won't sweat while I wear my silk bandanas. Plus, I find the one downside to wearing fashion scarves is that my hair gets all messed up, but now that it's always up and usually under a silk bandana, no more rat's nest at the back of my neck.

    Winter is also exciting. Yes, it's cold, the days are shorter, and the snow makes driving challenging at times. But there is still lots to do. One of my favourite things is ice skating. Preferably outdoors on a lake so Blessing can run alongside me. One winter we were up north visiting my parents. We went skating on the lake one day. Blessing thought it was great fun running alongside me and would bark whenever I stopped for a minute. She isn't traditionally a vocal dog, so it was funny. Winter is also fun for downhill skiing and snowboarding. Around Christmas time, it's fun to get a hot chocolate from Tim Hortons and go drive around and look at Christmas lights. Blessing also enjoys jumping through the snow like a rabbit and loves catching snowballs.

    You see, every season has its beauty. They all have their own special features that we get to enjoy. We may not like every season; we may even have a favourite, but they all have beauty in their own ways. Just like in life, not every season is full of joy and peace. Some are hard, with difficult lessons, but there is beauty in every season. Sometimes we just have to look for it. For example, my hubby has been in a sling since the beginning of summer. He fell off his bike and broke his collarbone. It has been a difficult season for us in many ways, but God has also used this season to grow and stretch us. Both individually and as a couple. And by the grace of God, we are relationally stronger than we ever have been. And for that, we are thankful. Could do without that darn sling, though. ;)

    So, instead of complaining about the heat of summer, or the snow in winter, let's simply enjoy every season for what it offers. Because there is beauty in every season.

I pray this encourages and blesses you today, friend.
God Bless
~Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment

There is Beauty in Every Season.

     As summer comes to a close and cool fall weather approaches, I’m excited for cozy outfits. Fashion scarves, tights, high-heeled boots a...